Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Of the aims which are at the same time duties

In an effort to improve my output, I've embraced a radical philosophy: naps are vital to our survival. "You adjust your life's schedule because the internet told you to?" Yes.

Emphatically.

Technological or chemical, the future is built for experimentation. But society continues to enforce chemical stasis with banal conversation. Imagine dinner parties enhanced with tactical readouts of mother-in-law number four's capacity to deal deadly destruction, with discretion. Delightful? Doubtful.

Besides, being an American, I take comfort in the knowledge that somewhere, at this very moment, the next generation is training to protect me from whatever perils my archaic mind will be unable to face.

Eight year olds with machine guns, blowing shit up.

Who loves ya?

Edited 6/27/2008 8:17 A.M. CST

No comments: